What Is Paleo Diet And How Can It Help You
Experts in various disciplines agree that the pressing issues regarding health of people all over the world today are connected to being overweight and obesity, which are the byproducts of the present day lifestyles, with consumption of processed foods, like refined flour, refined sugar and lots of additives in the food.
What is Paleo Diet?
It is based on the idea of natural foods. The diet of ancient people, was consisted chiefly of foods available in the area they lived in, like meat, fish, vegetables and fruits, which were available in the nature. This diet excluded dairy products and cereal products.
Paleo Diet Food List
The Paleo diet includes the following foods in their food list.
- Lean Proteins from grass fed animals, fish, and wild fowl, eggs,: to support large muscles, strong bones, and healthy immune system. Also to stave off hunger pangs for a long period, because protein has a good satiety value.
- Fruits and vegetables
- Fruits and vegetable provide antioxidants, and are rich in vitamins and minerals, in addition to phytonutrients which help in preventing degenerative diseases, including diabetes, various kinds of cancers and other neurological decline.
- Fats from Nuts and seeds, like olives, walnuts, flaxseeds, macademia, avocado, and coconut. These foods are rich in monounsaturated fats and also Omega-3 fats which reduces occurrences of obesity, cancer and diabetes, heart ailments.
Paleo Diet Plan
Paleo diet plan is very easy to follow. It consists of lean meat, fish, vegetables and fruits. It will ask you to deny eating dairy, and grain products, and processed foods. This means no pasta, bread, and aerated drinks with added sugar and additves.
This improves ratio of blood fats, resulting in weight loss, developing immunity against diseases, and protection from life style ailments. Paleo diet is nothing but a simple shift from our present day food habits, to a more natural food style, which was followed by our ancestors, allowing them to lead a disease free life.
Paleo Diet Recipes
Paleo diet recipes are given in Paleo recipe books. It explains a variety of methods to cook Paleo foods. These are easy to follow recipes which any one can make. The Paleo recipes include soups, salads, omelets, various meats, fish, desserts and snacks.
- Green vegetables like broccoli, spinach, kale, and arugula can be cooked with a little coconut oil, and garlic.
- Red meat and thyme and little pepper
- Chicken with garlic
- Sweet potatoes with paprika
- Berries on their own with no additives.
Paleo diet will help you in increased vitality and stamina. It will make you disease free with increased immunity and libido, a will to live healthy and long.
The PaleoHacks Cookbook is a book that contains information for those interested in adopting paleo diet. You can read a detailed review of The PaleoHacks Cookbook on fitnessproductreviews.net.